Become a fan of PowerJab on Facebook

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Feedback on Kosmix from my Lecture at SFSU

I talked about Kosmix, the company I work for, during my lecture at SFSU's MBA class MGMT 831: The Entrepreneurial Process, which is taught by Professor Geoffrey Desa. 

The students had some good feedback on Kosmix in their (anonymous) class feedback, which I have written down below:

  • It was interesting to learn of the new search engine Kosmix.  I liked the different approach that it used in that it contained a list of related items.
  • In addition to his presentation, I also enjoyed the discussion about Kosmix.  It was rather interesting to see that someone had actually developed a search engine for people who don’t have a clear vision of what they’re searching for.  I think it’s helpful to know that such a search engine exists and I would definitely support the usage of it.  For some key terms and projects, I often only pick up a few important keywords and it seems that from those keywords, I would be able to search up the related topic I’m looking for.
  • Learning about Kosmix and how the idea was born was a good example of the creative process in action. An idea to offer something beyond the norm often leads to something great. I believe that Kosmix offers something the Googles and Yahoo's can't.

No comments: