Become a fan of PowerJab on Facebook

Monday, October 20, 2008

CarZen - Helping Choose your Dream Car

I recently found a way to test CarZen (http://beta.carzen.com)

I like it! I like it!  And for a beta, their results for cars matching my tastes were pretty much on the money (see below).

carzen

Of course, it shouldn't be too difficult to build a car chooser such as this - all you need is a structured data repository, and create a question set against it.  But to test this, I kept my answers slightly ambiguous - and still got good results.

Minor gripes - I would have preferred to have seen my beloved BMW 335i Convertible instead of the Lexus SC430.   But I guess they had already picked the BMW M3, so didn't think two relatively-comparable cars from the same manufacturer were needed (although they did give me two Mercs... admittedly further apart than the two Beamers).

Another thing - I think they're a little off base thinking you can get an M3 convertible at $65K. Hah!

No comments: